Erika Yeh, PhD
What I Do
After achieving her PhD in Human Genetics at University of São Paulo (Brazil), Erika moved to sunny California and did a 1-year postdoc at Stanford University, before finally ending up in Weiss lab at the Golden City.
She joined the Weiss Lab in November 2012 and has been using patient-derived induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) to generate neuronal models for RASopathies associated to autism.
She likes rock climbing, spending a sunny day at the park and enjoys having beer with friends.
- Mitra I, Lavillaureix A, Yeh E, Traglia M, Tsang K, Bearden CE, Rauen KA, Weiss LA. Reverse Pathway Genetic Approach Identifies Epistasis in Autism Spectrum Disorders. PLoS Genet. 2017 Jan; 13(1):e1006516.
- Yeh E, Weiss LA. If genetic variation could talk: What genomic data may teach us about the importance of gene expression regulation in the genetics of autism. Mol Cell Probes. 2016 12; 30(6):346-356.
- Yeh E, Atique R, Fanganiello RD, Sunaga DY, Ishiy FA, Passos-Bueno MR. Cell Type-Dependent Nonspecific Fibroblast Growth Factor Signaling in Apert Syndrome. Stem Cells Dev. 2016 08 15; 25(16):1249-60.
- Rooney GE, Goodwin AF, Depeille P, Sharir A, Schofield CM, Yeh E, Roose JP, Klein OD, Rauen KA, Weiss LA, Ullian EM. Human iPS Cell-Derived Neurons Uncover the Impact of Increased Ras Signaling in Costello Syndrome. J Neurosci. 2016 Jan 06; 36(1):142-52.
- Yeh E, Fanganiello RD, Sunaga DY, Zhou X, Holmes G, Rocha KM, Alonso N, Matushita H, Wang Y, Jabs EW, Passos-Bueno MR. Novel molecular pathways elicited by mutant FGFR2 may account for brain abnormalities in Apert syndrome. PLoS One. 2013; 8(4):e60439.
- Medio M, Yeh E, Popelut A, Babajko S, Berdal A, Helms JA. Wnt/ß-catenin signaling and Msx1 promote outgrowth of the maxillary prominences. Front Physiol. 2012; 3:375.
- Yeh E, Atique R, Ishiy FA, Fanganiello RD, Alonso N, Matushita H, da Rocha KM, Passos-Bueno MR. FGFR2 mutation confers a less drastic gain of function in mesenchymal stem cells than in fibroblasts. Stem Cell Rev. 2012 Sep; 8(3):685-95.
- Bishop JR, Passos-Bueno MR, Fong L, Stanford KI, Gonzales JC, Yeh E, Young SG, Bensadoun A, Witztum JL, Esko JD, Moulton KS. Deletion of the basement membrane heparan sulfate proteoglycan type XVIII collagen causes hypertriglyceridemia in mice and humans. PLoS One. 2010 Nov 10; 5(11):e13919.
- Yeh E, Kimura L, Errera FI, Angeli CB, Mingroni-Netto RC, Silva ME, Canani LH, Passos-Bueno MR. Association of polymorphisms at the ADIPOR1 regulatory region with type 2 diabetes and body mass index in a Brazilian population with European or African ancestry. Braz J Med Biol Res. 2008 Jun; 41(6):468-72.
- Errera FI, Canani LH, Yeh E, Kague E, Armelin-Corrêa LM, Suzuki OT, Tschiedel B, Silva ME, Sertié AL, Passos-Bueno MR. COL18A1 is highly expressed during human adipocyte differentiation and the SNP c.1136C > T in its "frizzled" motif is associated with obesity in diabetes type 2 patients. An Acad Bras Cienc. 2008 Mar; 80(1):167-77.
- Passos-Bueno MR, Serti Eacute AE, Jehee FS, Fanganiello R, Yeh E. Genetics of craniosynostosis: genes, syndromes, mutations and genotype-phenotype correlations. Front Oral Biol. 2008; 12:107-43.
- Fanganiello RD, Sertié AL, Reis EM, Yeh E, Oliveira NA, Bueno DF, Kerkis I, Alonso N, Cavalheiro S, Matsushita H, Freitas R, Verjovski-Almeida S, Passos-Bueno MR. Apert p.Ser252Trp mutation in FGFR2 alters osteogenic potential and gene expression of cranial periosteal cells. Mol Med. 2007 Jul-Aug; 13(7-8):422-42.
- Errera FI, Canani LH, Silva ME, Yeh E, Takahashi W, Santos KG, Souto KE, Tschiedel B, Roisenberg I, Gross JL, Passos-Bueno MR. Functional vascular endothelial growth factor -634G>C SNP is associated with proliferative diabetic retinopathy: a case-control study in a Brazilian population of European ancestry. Diabetes Care. 2007 Feb; 30(2):275-9.
- Errera FI, Silva ME, Yeh E, Maranduba CM, Folco B, Takahashi W, Pereira AC, Krieger JE, Passos-Bueno MR. Effect of polymorphisms of the MTHFR and APOE genes on susceptibility to diabetes and severity of diabetic retinopathy in Brazilian patients. Braz J Med Biol Res. 2006 Jul; 39(7):883-8.